So as you can tell I am horrible about keeping up with this blog... So here is my "hurry and catch up to the present" post. I will try to go in chronological order... But if a mix some things up... I guess no one will really no anyway so it won't matter all that much ;)
Since we have gotten married we have been CRAZY busy with school, graduation, family, big purchases, weddings, new additions, work and new work, and awesome trips!! It's been a crazy 9 months (no the addition is not a baby ha ha) but we have loved every minute of it.
First quick story to catch you all up on would be about the amazing Mia. When I turned 16 I got an amazing car for Christmas/birthday I guess you could say. She was very good to me and my friends taking us on senior road trips, taking me to college for the first time away from home, and everywhere I needed to be in my crazy life. When Brett and I got married we moved up to Oakley, Utah. Very gorgeous mountain small town, however an hour and a few canyons away from school.
One freezing cold January morning I was on my way to school down the canyon and unfortunately hit black ice on a sharp turn and my wheel locked up and I was unable to turn my car. I fortunately saw the accident coming and braced myself for the impact. After what felt like 10 minutes (probably only about 5 or 10 seconds) my car came to a stop and everything was going off. The airbags had deployed, my hazards were flashing, my brights were on, and everything else that could be blinking or had a light was also on, and I was in shock and didn't know what to do. My car had shut itself off, but it was still rolling down the canyon. So I finally came back to reality and pulled off to the side of the road just as a bunch of cars came rushing past me. I got out of my car and started walking towards a car that had pulled over to help me. I was still holding my own and was ok, a little shaky, but all in all I was doing well. And then I turned to look at my car....
And that's when it all became real. Before everything was in slow motion and didn't seem to have really been that bad, but when I saw all four sides of my car smashed I knew I had hit the railings back and forth and back and forth like a pin ball machine. I tried calling Brett a few {hundred} times, but he was on his way to work and didn't answer. So I called my dad and he came to my rescue. We watched my car get loaded onto the tow truck and watched it drive away for the last time...
Although it was probably the scariest experience I have had, everything turned out alright in the end and thanks to Brett's amazing and selfless grandparents, we were able to buy their car from them. Biggest purchase that I have ever made by myself but I love my new car :)
Because I don't want this post to be 10 years long, I will {hopefully} keep doing little catch up posts here and there throughout the next little while to get all our fun and wild adventures written down in one place.
♥ Enjoy!



0 comments:
Post a Comment